Senior Research Scientist, Director
As Senior Research Scientist, you will play the lead role in the development of our Fast-ELISA technology and the transition to microfluidics with a large ownership of daily work. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated individual who can lead projects independently and is easily adaptable to changes in company direction.
- Transfer our existing technology to a microfluidic platform.
- Expand our Fast-ELISA technology to detect additional protein biomarkers.
- Prepare human blood and urine samples for early-stage testing.
- Analyze data with Microsoft Excel and other bioinformatics tools.
- Work with our customers to personalize test design based on user feedback.
- Maintain a well-kept, up to date laboratory notebook in accordance with company standards.
- Be part of laboratory demonstrations for investors and clinicians.
- Experience with microfluidic chip design and/or other microfluidic technologies
- Experience with protein assays (ELISA, microarrays, etc.)
- Ability to lead projects and work independently.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment with longer hours and some weekend work.
- Honest, transparent communication skills
- Personal connection or burning desire to help kidney disease patients
- Huge ownership of daily work and significant equity stake in the company
- Free dinner daily if you stay after 7:30 PM
- Exposure to an amazing scientific advisory board that includes George Church (Harvard), Jan Liphardt (Stanford), and Anil Chandraker (Brigham and Women's)